Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

The new Daygame Cafe is open for business! Grab yourself a coffee, take a seat and rest your weary Daygame legs! :) - The Daygame Cafe Management

Author Topic: Assumption Stacking vs. Assumption Stories  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Evazero89

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
Assumption Stacking vs. Assumption Stories
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:52:57 AM »
Hi all. I am watching the Daygame Blueprint. Can someone elaborate on the difference between these two concepts?

Assumption Stacking vs. Assumption Stories

Thanks

Offline 907

• Cafe Veteran
  • success comes to those who face their fears
    • View Profile
    • Reckless Romeo
Re: Assumption Stacking vs. Assumption Stories
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
assumption stacking is making assumptions on the girl based off of what you assume she is like. if she looks like shes bubbly or outgoing you say somthing like i have a feeling like you are a really outgoing person or i bet youre the type of person with high energy.

assumption stories are the stories that you would make based off of the assumptions that you just made about her. so if you were to make an assumption about her being bubbly or outgoing than you can make an assumption storie like: you do seem really outgoing, i can totally see you as the type of person that would go to a taste testing place and eat everything that had on sample just because you thought it would be funny, and the whole time youre stuffing your face i would be laughing at you.

andy and yad suggest incorporating yourself in the story to help generate that sense of familiarity and attraction. thats basically how i understand assumption stacking and assumption stories

Offline Evazero89

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply 907.

So basically assumption stacking is simply making assumption about her.

Then assumption stories are to provide some background on why you make those assumption or make up stories about what is happening in her life with those assumption I make.

Offline 907

• Cafe Veteran
  • success comes to those who face their fears
    • View Profile
    • Reckless Romeo
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »
yeah thats pretty much exactly it. and from my experience so far the more fun the stories are the more fun the whole interaction is.

Offline Tom Torero

• Cafe Enthusiast
  • Less talk, more action
    • View Profile
    • Who is Tom Torero?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Assumption stories explain your initial assumptions. They are like the back-story to the newsflash you've just given her, and it's the key part of the interaction where you can show your witty, cheeky, creative self. This is what builds attraction. The assumption / statement alone is not enough.

This is a very common mistake we see on the bootcamps or during coaching. The student will make a short simple assumption and hope that the girl does the rest of the work. e.g.

STUDENT: You look like you're from Italy...

HER: No, sorry, bye...

What's missing is the "because" part of the assumption, leading into the story about WHY she looks Italian. Here's how it should sound:

STUDENT: You look like you're from Italy....I like the suspiciously good tan, the sunglasses on even though it's cloudy....I could totally imagine you riding a moped through the streets of Milan, I know it's a cliche but I saw girls like you when I went last year...

HER: Haha, oh really? Actually I'm from Portugal

STUDENT: Well, I was right about the whole Mediterranean thing, the dark hair and dark eyes are very different to the English look. I love how people from hotter countries have such a relaxed vibe etc etc etc etc etc etc...

Hope that helps,

Tom Torero

Offline dayStar

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 03:35:54 PM »
Great explanation Tom. One thing I've been unsure about is the the fact that in the blueprint, these concepts are in the plural: Assumption Stacking, Assumption Stories.

In the example you gave, you might riff into an Assumption Story right after an Assumption Statement.

Presumably the assumption 'stacking' phase might just be one assumption that leads right into a story and then you're well into the Attraction phase.

Or is it that it's best to stack a few assumptions before veering into a story based on one of them?

Of course, it'll vary by the context, the vibe, but what was implied by the model here re: looping through these two phases beyond just one assumption in the assumption stacking phase?

Offline SluttyIan

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
bump. I am very interested in a reply to the last post in this thread.. anyone?

Offline Rumba!

• Cafe King
  • "YOU are enough!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Or is it that it's best to stack a few assumptions before veering into a story based on one of them?

No. If you just make a string of assumptions without commenting on them you'll come across as weird. Just making assumptions is just robotic and you'll come across like "Mr Data" from Star Trek. Remember all they are is a means to build a conversation. In Tom's example the student assumed the girl was Italian, she replied she was actually from Portugal. The student could then say how he's been there and chat about it, ask what part the girl was from etc.. or if he hadn't say how he heard that the beaches were very beautiful etc...
Once you feel that the conversation is starting to dry up, just make another assumption i.e. "So you look very fashionable. I'm guessing you work for a designer.. or you've nicked your dad's credit card!?!"...

Peace,
Rumba!  8)

Offline mortizul

• Cafe Regular
    • View Profile
    • Mort
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 02:22:50 PM »
The only reason for your assumption to become a "stack" is if she gives you nothing to riff off in her reply. This sometimes happens if she's a bit suspicious at first or if she's a little shy.

So for example you're talking to a shy girl. You make an assumption, tell your story about the assumption and get a one word answer because she's still a bit shocked that a guy like you would approach her. You stack another assumption on and give your story. This time she's had time to relax a bit and she's able to reply with an actual sentence. This then enables you to talk about what she just said which is the foot in the door that you need to start the attraction phase.

Usually if you make a good assumption and back it up with your story, you won't need to stack them. Too many assumptions in a row always ends up with her walking away; you need to be listening carefully to what she says and riff on it.

Mort

Offline SluttyIan

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »
Thanks guys, very useful :)

Offline Jur

• Cafe Newcomer
  • New around here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
I often use the assumption "I think you look like a dancer or you look like you are fashion"
What kind of assumption story should make of these 2 assumption.
The funny thing is that almost any woman i speak used to dance or has done it more or less proffesional.
So how should i give this a turn into a assumption story???????

Offline Rumba!

• Cafe King
  • "YOU are enough!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »
Assumptions have to be something you believe. Just throwing out the same two lines to every girl you meet is just going to make the girl think your weird if she thinks you don't mean it.
Look for something in the girl that resonates with you otherwise it's just canned material.

Peace,
Rumba! 8)